1. Not only is Chris Froome the defending Tour de France champion but he has now done something no one else has ever achieved.
He cycled from the UK to France under the sea.
2. The Team Sky leader rode through the Channel Tunnel from Folkestone to Calais in just 55 minutes.
Froome travelled through the 32-mile tunnel at speeds of up to 65km per hour.
3. The 29-year-old said cycling under the sea was an incredible experience.
4. “Opportunities to become the first person in the world to achieve these kind of feats are extremely rare nowadays, especially as a pro cyclist,” the Kenyan-born rider added.
“To become the first person ever to cycle through the Eurotunnel was right up there with some of the most iconic rides I’ve ever done – this must have been one of very few ‘world first’ rides left.”
5. The stunt was organised by Team Sky and Jaguar, and negotiations began over six months ago.
The service tunnel used by Froome for the ride is reportedly one of the highest security sites in the UK and France.