1. Photographer James Morgan decided to create something a bit special to mark the Queen Mary 2’s 10th anniversary.
When he first suggested placing Captain Kevin Oprey on the liner’s bulbous bow for the photoshoot, people apparently looked at him like he was ‘a bit mad’.
2. However, the idea was clearly inspired as the pictures look astonishing.
3. The shoot took place at a port off the coast of Bali with two safety boats positioned nearby just in case.
Commenting on the striking images, Morgan said: ‘It is this towering creature and this little man, it is an incredible juxtaposition. He is an incredible man, this beautiful huge liner he controls every day.
‘It is one of the most epic shoots I have ever done.’
The Queen Mary 2 is currently on a round the world voyage and is set to dock in Sydney on March 14.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.