1. Award-winning author Jeanette Winterson has sparked a passionate debate on Twitter after uploading pictures of a rabbit she killed in her garden before eating it.
REX USA/MYKEL NICOLAOU
2. The Oranges are not the Only Fruit writer posted the images on Sunday after catching the rabbit eating her parsley.
3. The 54-year-old tweeted pictures of the skinned rabbit.
4. And showed it being cooked.
5. She even posted pictures of her cat eating the rabbit’s innards.
7. The images received a mixed reaction on Twitter, with some expressing their anger at what they deemed animal cruelty, especially after the author said the rabbit’s skin would make a “great glove puppet”.
24. There was considerable support for the 54-year-old as well though.
34. Winterson remains unrepentant and said she was interested in the debate her posts had caused.
35. On Tuesday she posted pictures of her garden, allegedly eaten by the rabbit.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece appears to have voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.