Voted! Here is my selfie
4. Despite not having cared about politics at all ever, all your friends suddenly became experts.
5. And criticizing the candidates brought out the most critical in everyone…
6. From your dabbawalla to your bai…
8. At times, it became difficult to remember if you were watching the news or a comedy show.
11. Friendships ended (and were formed) based on political allegiances.
12. You stopped gossiping about Bollywood celebs, and gossiped about politicians instead.
13. But those Bollywood celebs found a sneaky way to be in the news anyway.
14. Respectable elderly people started giving everyone the middle finger.
15. Restaurant menus changed to include some new and interesting items.
16. The first thing people asked when they met went from “how are you?” to “did you vote?”
17. You started seeing some pretty bizarre style choices.
By which I mean TERRIFYING.
18. You started seeing a lot of well educated jhaaduwallas, and yet the country didn’t get any cleaner.
19. The Election Commission added a new requirement: If you didn’t take a selfie after voting, your vote wouldn’t be registered.
20. Facebook kiiiiiinda became relevant again.
According to their data, 4.1 million people clicked that “I’m a Voter” button in the last month.