1. So, ICYMI: India is nearing the end of its general elections, which have been remarkable for a lot of reasons.
• They were the hugest democratic elections of all time, with over 800 million eligible voters.
• They were revolutionary for India, in terms of youth participation and the use of social media in politics.
• They’ve brought women and gender issues to the mainstream political conversation.
• They will determine the Prime Minister and ruling party for India for the next 5 years, therefore arguably being one of the most pivotal political moments for the world today.
2. These elections have also been particularly interesting because of the candidates, who are incredibly divisive.
Left: Rahul Gandhi, a notoriously unintelligent political heir, who almost certainly won’t win.
Right: Narendra Modi, a Hindu fundamentalist, who probably will.
3. But whatever. Politics schmolitics. This is the important part: Click if you dare, to see some creepy shit.
4. So, here’s the deal. To show their support, Indians are wearing masks of their favorite politicians…
5. And it’s leading to some truly creeptastic situations, like all of these Modis dancing together.
6. And all of these kids whose faces have been replaced by Rahul’s, with blackholes for eyes.
7. And these patriots, who probably picked Modi at the polling booth, who now have three bizarre heads each.
8. These Gandhi believers are overcome by political fervor! And they’re terrifying.
9. This child will grow up to be a fanatical BJP supporter. And he will visit you every night in your dreams until then.
10. And these two dear friends, who believe in Modi’s political agenda, could moonlight as horror movie extras.
11. This dude thinks Rahul Gandhi will lead India to glory. And he has also been possessed by the devil.
12. This guy can’t wait for Modi to be Prime Minister. And also murder you in your sleep.
13. Here is the nightmarish sari-clad Modi nobody needed or asked for.
14. These voters are with Modi until the very end. And R.I.P. you.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.