1. When we have plans to hang out, it gives me something to look forward to all week.
2. And when anything goes wrong, you’re the first person I think to call.
3. Because you always know exactly what I need to hear to feel better.
4. And you give me incredible advice because you usually know what I want better than I do.
6. Which is why 90% of our conversations start with “Remember that one time…” followed by something really dumb.
7. You’ve asked me some of the toughest questions I’ve ever been asked.
8. And I learn something from you every time we hang out.
9. I’m grateful to you for not judging me when I make awful decisions.
10. And for having my back when those decisions come back to haunt me.
11. You’re legitimately one of the smartest people I’ve ever met.
12. This is basically the scariest thought I ever have:
13. It’s awesome that I feel totally comfortable crying like a baby around you.
14. My parents and siblings consider you a part of the family.
15. This was the luckiest moment of my life:
16. (Although, let’s be real, it went more like this.)
17. Thank you for sharing cool things with me.
18. And for having more faith in me than I generally have in myself.
19. You’ve helped me face my fears, no matter how irrational.
20. And you’ve supported my dreams, no matter how ridiculous.
21. And I’ll always have your back, even when I don’t want to.
22. I guess what I’m trying to say is that you’re pretty darn great.
23. And I proooobably couldn’t live without you.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›