3. When you laugh really hard and nervously start to feel it unravel…
5. When you find the perfect skirt or top, but it has random see-through parts FOR NO REASON.
WHO NEEDS THIS? WHY?
6. When you eat a fantastic meal and realize you accidentally saved some for later.
11. When other people complain about it being too hot and you’re like:
12. When anything Islam-related happens in class and everyone immediately turns to stare at you.
13. Baby hairs. Why do they exist? What purpose do they serve except to make you miserable?
14. When you look in a mirror after a long time and realize your hijab is all sorts of messed up.
15. And you start doubting all the friends who saw you and didn’t tell you how bad it looked.
16. You may not have bad hair days, but you definitely have bad hijab days. And those are harder to hide.
17. Having unexpected visitors and flying into an instant panic to improvise a hijab.
18. Taking it off in front of a friend and dealing with their reaction to your hair.
19. When Halloween rolls around and you have to get pretty creative to incorporate it into your costume.
21. Having so many scarves that you’re running out of places to store them…
22. And yet struggling to pick the right one for every single outfit you ever put on.
23. Dealing with stupid people and their stupid questions. “Do you sleep in it?”
Do YOU sleep in your entire outfit all the time?
26. “Do you have Voldemort hidden in the back of your head?”
DO YOU NOT HAVE A BRAIN HIDDEN ANYWHERE IN YOURS?