2. Powdered colors laid out for Holi, the festival of colors.
3. A cyclist, a rickshaw, and pedestrians share an alleyway.
8. The photographer captioned this “The Mendicant’s Bling.”
13. A sari-clad woman waits to cross a busy street in Kolkata.
15. Dipping a stick in henna is a popular method of application.
19. Pouring tea from one container to another from a height is a step in the traditional process of making chai.
20. A sadhu’s forehead, covered in turmeric and red tilaka.
22. School boys peek through a window, making faces for the camera.
24. A street-side tailor works while a woman in a bandhani sari drinks bottled water.
25. A girl, presumably the daughter of a fisherman, smiles from atop a boat.
For more photos by Humans Of India, visit their blog.
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›