1. This is Superwoman (aka Lilly Singh), an Indian-Canadian YouTube superstar, all-round funny-girl, and professional purveyor of swag.
2. This is Humble The Poet (aka Kanwer Singh), an Indian-Canadian rapper, MC, teacher, author, and spoken-word artist – just to name a few of his talents.
3. And they just collaborated (bless us all) on an absurdly catchy rap song called “Leh.”
4. For the uninitiated, “leh” is Punjabi slang used to express bemusement, disdain, and general disapproval.
It’s usage has been conventionally monopolized by disgruntled aunty jis but now that Superwoman and Humble The Poet are spearheading its youth reclamation, we can finally have it for ourselves.
5. On the track, the duo launch a “leh” crusade against spoilt brats and drama queens of every persuasion.
“4,000 dollars on a purse. Leh. Still got tuition bills to pay. Leh. Swipin’ daddy’s card at the club. Leh. Tweetin’ ‘bout life being hard. Leh.”