1. First things first: You regularly get to eat some of the best foods in the world.
Because you know that Indian food is so much more than just chicken tikka masala and naan.
2. You watch more insane Bollywood movies than you ordinarily would.
Because a live translator is a lot more fun than poorly translated subtitles.
4. And all your playlists are a lot more exciting because of your brown BFF’s song recommendations.
6. You can understand – and therefore appreciate – the classiest sport of all.
7. You get to participate fully and authentically in some of the world’s coolest holiday traditions.
9. Having been raised on your Bollywood, this friend is hopelessly romantic, which is good to have around.
10. Occasionally sharing foods with your BFF means your spice tolerance has skyrocketed.
11. If you ever happen to meet your best friend’s extended family, you’re in for some uniquely entertaining chaos.
12. Like any good Indian, your friend uses some pretty ridiculous slang and obviously you’ve picked it up.
14. Going shopping with your BFF is good for you because they come from a long line of expert bargainers.
15. You know that chai can be so, so, so much more than Starbucks would have you believe.
16. You can ask them all of your dumb* questions about India without fear of being judged.
17. You probably never have to pay for hookah because your BFF makes it at home, pro-status.
18. Someday in the future, you’ll get to attend a baller week-long wedding involving fire and animals.
- At least 13 people were killed after severe storms and flooding hit the French Riviera on Saturday evening. At least six more are missing. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›