2. There were last-minute shopping trips.
Happy hunting to you last-minute holiday shoppers. May the deals be with you (and the lines be short)!— Darrell Issa
3. And acts of charity.
Helping to serve Christmas Eve dinner with my family @themissionkc http://t.co/7MmNgCFa— Kevin McCarthy
Dropped off hats&mittens @the Woodland Park Boys & Girls Club.Got to sing a few Christmas carols too http://t.co/mLiH6E6e— Senator Mark Begich
7. And quality time with family, too.
Look who we found at the front desk of the restaurant today! http://t.co/e3eSPGOk— John McCain
Christmas. Love. Birth. My youngest with her 1 mos old nephew. http://t.co/PoQhqS12— Claire McCaskill
9. Some tweets were seasonal.
Waking up to a beautiful snowfall here in Utah. Merry Christmas http://t.co/k1hl3Uwd— Jason Chaffetz
Ho ho ho! A Dallas yard with Christmas fun! http://t.co/lWMnKW7W— Kay Bailey Hutchison
11. Others, religious.
Merry CHRISTmas! Believe! For God so loved..that he gave his..only Son that whoever BELIEVES in him shall not perish but have eternal life.— Rep. Vicky Hartzler
I bring u news of great joy,a joy 2b shared by the whole people 2day in the town of David a Savior has been born to u; he is Christ The Lord— Marco Rubio
13. And, of course, there were presents.
Merry Christmas!! Two excited chidren at our house woke their parents up early to see if Santa came. I hope u have a happy and blessed day.— Kelly Ayotte
14. (Although not everyone got what they wanted.)
From my family to yours, wishing you a very merry Christmas and happy New Year. I was hoping for a #FiscalCliff deal under the tree…— Mark Warner
15. Merry Christmas.
One of my favorite scenes from Charlie Brown Christmas. Merry Christmas! http://t.co/cAw9T1y8— Michele Bachmann
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Authorities reportedly raided the Indiana home of Subway spokesperson Jared Fogle.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.