1. If You Take Daily Naps and a Couch isn’t Available, Make a “Sleep Sheet”
3. Use a Nap Aide - Rainy Mood Works Great
Rainy Mood gives you the continuous soothing sound of rain. Rainymood.com
4. When Napping in Public, Be Sure to Secure Your Belongings To Your Body
5. Watch Your Sugar and Caffeine Intake : Look for “Hidden Sugars”
Caffeine and sugar will keep you wired throughout the day, which will make it nearly impossible to nap.
8. Use Sleepyti.me to Optimize Your Nap
You can find it at Sleepyti.me
9. Hoodies Are Amazing for Staying Warm and Keeping the Sun Out
10. Drink Coffee Before Your Nap to Wake Up More Energized
Researchers found that a cup of coffee followed by an immediate 15-minute nap is a notably more effective method of staying awake and alert for longer than either coffee or a nap alone.
11. Get a “Glo to Sleep” Mask
Not only does it reduce light, but it also helps slow brain activity.
14. Take a NASA Nap
The NTSB based its recommendation on a 1995 NASA study that found a “26-minute nap improved performance 34% and alertness 54%.”
15. Design Your Own “Nap Wheel”
To design your own custom nap, drag the “wake-up time” dial to the hour you woke up, say, 7 a.m. Follow the hours clockwise until you reach the point in the day when REM and slow-wave sleep cross, in this case, 2 p.m. This is a perfectly balanced state in which REM and slow-wave sleep are equally proportioned, and where “The Ultimate Nap” occurs.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›