Tuesday’s Lows: Approaching -23 Degrees in Some Places.
It’s going to be freaking cold for the next 24 hours, so stay safe and keep warm.
1. The North Pole: -15 Degrees
That’s right. The North Pole has it better than the US. We’re going to need a lot of hand warmers.
2. The South Pole: -9 Degrees.
The South Pole is supposed to be cold … however, they are enjoying the blistering temperature of -9 degrees.
3. The Base of Mt. Everest: 41 Degrees.
Tallest mountain on Earth … still warmer than North Carolina.
4. Iceland: 36 Degrees.
It’s freaking named Iceland and will still be warmer than most of the Deep South.
5. Juneau, Alaska: 36 degrees.
While most of mainland America will be freezing, our disconnected brother to the North West will be enjoying some great weather.
6. Dome Fuji Station, Antartica : 1 Degree.
At least Antartica gets to stay in the +degree range.
7. The Top of Mt. Kilimanjaro : 21 Degrees.
Even at 19,341 ft … the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro will be warmer than most of the US.
8. Nuuk, Greenland : 19 Degrees.
Greenland’s looking pretty nice about now.
9. The Yukon : -13 Degrees
Often touted as one of the coldest places on Earth … the Yukon is experiencing some great weather right now at -13 degrees.
10. Sochi, Russia : 41 Degrees.
That’s right. The place that they’re hosting the Winter Olympics … which happens to be in Russia is warmer than the majority of the US at this moment.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France after protests last week.