Pre-Paid Poo Preparedness Service To Address Post-Earthquake Sanitation
Oregon State University professor Chris Goldfinger is convinced that the Pacific Northwest is at risk for an earthquake that could meet – or exceed – the power of seismic events that took place in Chile, as well as Haiti.
Why does this matter?
After the devastating earthquake in Haiti, cases of cholera, diarrhea, colds, coughs, and general infectious diseases increased due to toilet and sanitation system breakdowns. The service we are providing is not insurance – it’s assurance.
For $69.95, the company will set up an ongoing worm bin for your family, and deliver it via bicycle within 100 hours of any massive earthquakes to their customer base.
The Earthquake Assurance Kit comes with 100 biodegradable bags, a containment unit, and a pound or more of red wiggler worms. This system is designed to:
- Allow you to use your existing toilet / bathroom for privacy when water & flushing systems are shut down
- Redirect human manure to biodegradable containment bags which are deposited in the provided bin, and covered to prevent odors
- Benefit from turning a waste into healthy soil via manure-composting worms
This system will allow your family to have one of your most basic needs taken care of for you in the event of a catastrophic emergency, and will create jobs for a fleet of bicycle-delivery teams ready-to-go when the big one hits. It’s a small price to pay for your continued health and well being.
What do you think of this… er, shit?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Obama is one vote away from sealing a historic nuclear deal with Iran after two Democratic senators backed the agreement. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›