1. From the first moment I went on BuzzFeed, I knew it was the place for me.
A funny website that specializes in lists and gifs? Sold.
2. Every time I came to this site, I found myself laughing.
This is me trying to keep a straight face in class while reading BuzzFeed.
3. In college, I discovered my ability to write funny articles.
I used my furious typing skills and wit to join The Black Sheep as a writer and wrote weekly humor articles. As a senior I was promoted to Campus Manager/Editor in Chief.
4. My background helping writers improve their skills, think of ideas, and create relevant content would make me an excellent Associate Community Editor.
I shape the young, pliable minds of my writers and help them tap into their imagination. I would definitely be able to do the same for the BuzzFeed community.
5. I like to think my writing is effortless and graceful like this dog.
If I looked this attractive while typing I’d have job offers piling up at my feet. But, like this dog, I put in a ton of effort and have a passion for what I do.
6. I got an internship with Condé Nast at Glamour Magazine last summer, and even though I was nervous at first…
Me? Live in NYC? Oh god. I’m a midwesterner who has never been to a big city!
7. …I loved everything about it, and the editorial experience I got at Glamour was absolutely amazing.
Just thinking about living in New York City makes me hyperventilate in excitement.
8. I can write about geeky things, like Pokemon.
I’m an official Pokemon Master and can sing the entire PokeRap. No shame.
9. Or video games.
Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, Assassin’s Creed, Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Halo are my jam. And this completely true lag gif gets me every time.
10. I’m a sports fanatic too, and would love writing about them.
Football consumes my soul, especially college. My all time favorites are football (obviously), hockey, basketball, baseball, and softball.
11. I can write about anything you need!
Anything. I can do it. Even if I’m writing about something I loathe with the fiery intensity of a thousand suns, I’ll never let a poorly written piece leave my hands.
12. I’m not just a writer…
…But I’m a good student as well. I go to the University of Michigan, and besides our athletic fame (despite recent years…) we are renowned for our academics. Studying and grades are serious business here, and are serious to me as well.
13. In summation…
I will always do my best to be as fabulous as this boy at my job.
14. Working at BuzzFeed would be tremendous.
This will be me every day at work. Wonder EVERYWHERE.
15. And I truly believe I would be a great asset at BuzzFeed!
I think BuzzFeed and I will get along great. And hopefully I balanced the serious job application side with the fun-I-can-make-lists side.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you!