1. Doretta Norris was diagnosed with breast cancer last November, and after doctors found a tumor in her right breast, Norris decided to undergo a double mastectomy.
3. But when it came time to have surgery Norris seemed anything but despondent over the prospect of losing both of her breasts, as the staff at Brooke Galimore at Piedmont Henry Hospital in Stockbridge, Ga. hosted a raucous dance party for her.
5. Norris told her surgeon she was inspired by a similar video of a patient dancing with her operation team that made waves last year.
When she walked out of her own hospital room, the staff was lining the walls as music began to play. Norris boogied down with the rest of them, IV still in her arm and all.
7. When her surgeon asked her what kind of music she wanted to break it down to, Norris said Psy’s “Gangnam Style,” and plenty joined in the emotional moment.
“I stepped out of my room and found hospital staff and doctors lining both sides of the hall,” Norris told Piedmont Henry. “I heard the music playing and began to dance. It was an emotional dance. Staff came up to hug me, dance with me and give me words of encouragement. I truly felt like I could conquer the world.”
9. After having surgery last week, Norris is now cancer-free.
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›