1. High Point, N.C., resident Courtney Sanford was driving to work when she decided to share some updates on Facebook, and post a few selfies. A minute later, she was dead from a head-on collision.
3. At 8:33 a.m., the 32-year-old posted “The happy song makes me HAPPY!” on her Facebook. At 8:34, police got a call about the crash, said High Point Police Lt. Chris Weisner.
5. Investigators say Sanford crossed the median and drove head-on into a truck, causing her car to catch on fire. She also caused the truck to run off the road and hit a tree, though the driver was uninjured.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›