1. High Point, N.C., resident Courtney Sanford was driving to work when she decided to share some updates on Facebook, and post a few selfies. A minute later, she was dead from a head-on collision.
3. At 8:33 a.m., the 32-year-old posted “The happy song makes me HAPPY!” on her Facebook. At 8:34, police got a call about the crash, said High Point Police Lt. Chris Weisner.
5. Investigators say Sanford crossed the median and drove head-on into a truck, causing her car to catch on fire. She also caused the truck to run off the road and hit a tree, though the driver was uninjured.
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️