1. Dmitriy Samohin might be one of the best tattoo artists in the world.
3. Samohin, who works out of his home in Ukraine, has been making art since he was five. While looking through a tattoo magazine during his time in the army, Samohin made the decision that he would become a tattoo artist.
Seems like a good choice.
5. “The form intrigued and fascinated me and I want to see things created on skin the same way they were brought to life on canvas,” he told inkfreakz.com.
8. The artist is inspired by everything he experiences. “[Inspiration] comes from things I see walking down the street, things I hear, read, sometimes just little bits of conversation with people inspire me,” he said.
11. Samohin encourages aspiring artists to push their own limits. “Paint and experiment as much as possible!,” he said. “Be creative, never cease to learn and be challenged.”
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.
- Citigroup's student loan practices are being investigated as part of a government probe, the company reported in a filing.