1. A lot may change as we get older (and a lot doesn’t!)
14 years later.
2. But good friends never stop lifting each other up.
“Well, I tried,” wrote Redditor ladydean.
3. New glasses and a few kitty pounds can’t stop a friendship 15 years in the making.
8. Our pets can even teach us life lessons: Like that pink helmets may shrink, but puppies definitely will not.
11 years later.
9. And that growing up separately doesn’t mean growing apart.
Just a month after soldier Donny Eslinger rescued a puppy named Smoke in Afghanistan, he was seriously injured by a mortar strike. But thanks to Eslinger’s platoon, who raised thousands to have Smoke flown to Florida, the two were finally reunited five months later.
11. But despite some crazy changes, some things stay pretty much the same.
Baby and horse, 11 years later.
12. You’re never too old to be carried…
AlmaGordo and Midas, a decade later.
14. But at least everyone gets fuzzier with time.
Gordon Delacroix, the lead singer in Belgium band Recorders, with his dog, ten years later.
17. Often, the best memories are ones that are shared.
Jillian Thomson shared these photos of pup Jesse at six weeks old, then at 13, four weeks before she passed.
19. So take a load off!
Brooke with Gatsby, the ever-expanding Poodle, who even has his own Twitter account.
20. Because you’re only as young as you feel.
21. And you’re only as relaxed as you let yourself be.
Redditor allyfreddyy with Odin, her rescue St. Bernard.
24. And you know they wouldn’t choose anyone else to spend all of those days with.
“My dog and I, 15 years apart. The day we met, and the day we said goodbye.”
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France after protests last week.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.