1. Plus-size swimwear company Swimsuits for All set out to prove that “sexy curves go beyond a size four” by shooting its own swimwear calendar, including a picture reenacting this year’s Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
3. Plus-size models Robyn Lawley, Jada Sezer, Shareefa J, and plus-size fashion blogger Gabi Gregg hoped to fight society’s obsession with stick-thin bodies in a calendar for the fashion website.
4. The company said it was hoping to capture “confident, sexy women with varying body types to highlight the beauty in all women.”
5. Gabi Gregg, a 27-year-old blogger who is a size 18, said she took part in the calendar to help promote more positive body images.
“I think it’s sad that the representatives of women in mainstream culture are usually so small because we have such a diversity of sizes in the real world,” she said.
6. “I think there need to be more publications and campaigns so that people can say, ‘Wow, I look like these women, and they look comfortable and sexy and they’re portraying my body type,’” 24-year-old model Jada Sezer said.
7. The calendar, shot in Turks and Caicos, is available for free on the shop’s website.
8. Watch footage from the photo shoot: