1. A two-year-old child in East Moline, Ill., was injured March 24 after someone glued razor blades to the playground equiptment.
The child suffered a cut to their hand but was not seriously injured, KWQC reports.
2. After the boy’s father treated him at home, they went with police to the park, where they removed about a dozen razor blades that were glued to the equipment.
3. Photos of the playground went viral online, with a Facebook post from March 24 being shared over 50,000 times.
4. Lieutenant Brian Foltz, who has been with the East Moline Police Department for almost 20 years, said he was shocked by the discovery.
“I’ve seen a lot of things, but not razor blades glued to equipment at a park,” Foltz said.
5. Foltz said he thought the blades were probably a prank from some local kids, and police are investigating the incident.
“East Moline parks are safe, but it’s just a bad situation, bad instance where somebody, or maybe a group of kids, I don’t know who did this, but figured this would be a fun prank to do,” he said.