1. Saturday Night Live pushed the envelope last night with a mock trailer for fake film White Christmas, a Tyler Perry-esque movie with a white cast.
3. It was “everything you’d expect from a black holiday movie, but with white people in it,” the voice-over said.
4. “Women snapping peas…”
5. “A gun-toting grandma…”
6. “…and a guy wearing a necklace over a turtleneck.”
7. “The Macklemore of movies,” Essence magazine said in the trailer.
8. Though the skit had its moments, not everyone was comfortable with the subject matter, which has been contested this year.
oh wow i am kind of insanely offended by white christmas on snl. and thats really hard to do. #SNL
is it me or is this “White Christmas” skit THE MOST uncomfortable skit SNL has ever had
Yikes! The “White Christmas” SNL spoof is making me really uncomfortable. Perhaps I’m too uptight but…
12. The irony was only enhanced by the fact that SNL has come under fire this year for their lack of minority cast members, especially women.
14. Leave it to Jay Pharoah to say what everyone is thinking:
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island of Saipan.