1. NBC 10’s Alison Bologna, an anchor in Providence, R.I., slipped up her F-words on the news when she called a fire truck that had overturned near Charlotte, N.C., last week a “fuck truck.”
Listen to co-anchor Dan Jaehnig laughing in the background.
3. Bologna managed to recover, paying particular attention to enunciating “fire” for the rest of the newscast.
4. For her part, Alison seems to be taking it with stride, posting smiley faces on Twitter to respond to good-natured ribbing.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›