1. This is Peeps, a newborn duckling.
2. When Reddit user Spongi, whose name is Brian, tried to hatch chicken eggs, he got Peeps as a fuzzy surprise. None of the other eggs hatched.
3. “Ducks are very social, raising a single duck is basically a death sentence, they will die of loneliness,” he wrote.
4. The new dad decided to try to keep the duckling company. “Peeps doesn’t have a mother’s wing to go under, so my beard had to do,” Brian said.
He added, “Pro tip: Best time for social interaction is after the food dish has been empty a few hours. Do not feed then socialize, unless you do it outside. You will get pooped on, repeatedly.”
5. Also, “You will get pecked, but it doesn’t hurt. Unless it’s your eyeball. That hurts.”
6. Brian and Peeps became best friends.
7. This is Peeps at 25 days old. They grow up so fast!
8. And Peeps after 45 days.
9. Brian now has three more eggs incubating. “Peeps will have some friends in time for spring,” he wrote.
All photos via Reddit.
- Red Bull apologized for posting a video of people in blackface chasing a banana.