1. Police had to be called when a 22-pound Himalayan cat held a Portland, Ore., family hostage inside of their bathroom.
2. The 4-year-old cat, named Lux, scratched Teresa Barker’s 7-month-old baby. After being spanked, the cat became enraged.
“He’s trying to attack us,” Lee Palmer said while the cat screeched his demands in the background. “He’s very, very, very, very hostile.”
3. The parents were forced to hide inside their bathroom with their baby and dog. When no one at animal control picked up, they decided to call 911.
Cat attack survivor.
4. “It’s only funny when it’s not happening to you,” Lux’s owner Teresa Barker said. “When this happens to you, I assure you, you will do the same thing.”
5. When officers entered the apartment, the black and white cat, who has a “history of violence,” scrambled on top of the refrigerator, “attempting to flee custody,” police said.
6. Using a dog snare, officers were able to put the perturbed pussy (temporarily) behind bars. He will be suspended from catnip for two months.
“The cat remained behind bars in the custody of the family and officers cleared the scene and continued to fight crime elsewhere in the city,” the Portland Police Bureau actually said.