1. During D.C. Pride last weekend, Officer D.J. Stalter decided to take a stand against the hateful protesting by the Westboro Baptist Church by kissing his boyfriend in front of the group’s homophobic protest signs.
3. It definitely worked, with the church angrily tweeting the photo out.
4. Stalter’s boyfriend, Mark Raimondo, also shared a picture of the two fighting the hate with love on his Instagram:
6. Fortunately, Raimondo’s followers were all for the couple’s kissing protest.
h/t Huffington Post
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."