1. During D.C. Pride last weekend, Officer D.J. Stalter decided to take a stand against the hateful protesting by the Westboro Baptist Church by kissing his boyfriend in front of the group’s homophobic protest signs.
3. It definitely worked, with the church angrily tweeting the photo out.
4. Stalter’s boyfriend, Mark Raimondo, also shared a picture of the two fighting the hate with love on his Instagram:
6. Fortunately, Raimondo’s followers were all for the couple’s kissing protest.
h/t Huffington Post
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›