1. Actress and new mom Olivia Wilde, who graces the front page of Glamour’s September issue, proved she can wear both of those hats in a stunning photo shoot that includes a picture of her breast-feeding her son, Otis.
“Being shot with Otis is so perfect because any portrait of me right now isn’t complete without my identity as a mother being a part of that,” Wilde told the magazine. “Breastfeeding is the most natural thing. I don’t know, now it feels like Otis should always be on my breast.”
3. Wilde, who gave birth to her and fiancé Jason Sudeikis’ baby in April, said she felt like the photo captured what it looks like to be a “multifaceted woman.”
“You can be someone who is at once maternal and professional and sexy and self-possessed,” said the 30-year-old. “[But] I mean, I certainly don’t really look like that when I’m [typically] breast-feeding. And there’s usually a diaper involved.”
5. Glamour’s September issue will be on newsstands Aug. 12.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›