1. A middle school teacher in Little Rock, Ark., gave an impromptu sex education lesson when she accidentally played a homemade sex tape for her students, saying it got mixed up in her lesson notes.
3. The x-rated video depicted the female teacher “performing sex acts” on her fiancé, reports KARK-TV.
The teacher, whose name has not been released, called parents later in the day to apologize.
5. Nicholas Tolerson, a parent of a Forest Heights Middle School 7th grader who witnessed the video, said he wanted action taken against the teacher.
“I want something done,” he said. “My concern is with [my son] being in that environment.”
He added, “My heart goes out not only to my son, but other kids in the classroom.”
School officials are investigating how the teacher made the mistake, and considering what kind of disciplinary action to take.
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️