1. Remember Stephanie Smith, the woman whose boyfriend wouldn’t propose to her until she made him 300 sandwiches?
2. If you need a refresher, she’s the New York Post Page Six reporter and amateur chef who set the internet on fire after she wrote about her 300-sandwiches-to-marriage plot.
3. People were annoyed with the project mostly because her boyfriend, Eric Schulte, seemed like a prima donna sandwich savant. He’s been called “the internet’s worst boyfriend” and a “sandwich whore,” which he wholeheartedly embraced.
“Maybe I needed to show him I could cook to prove that I am wife material. If he wanted 300 sandwiches, I’d give him 300 sandwiches,” Smith said.
4. In the original Post article, Smith explained how their typical pre-sandwich day went:
Each morning, he would ask, “Honey, how long you have been awake?”
“About 15 minutes,” I’d reply.
“You’ve been up for 15 minutes and you haven’t made me a sandwich?”
To him, sandwiches are like kisses or hugs. Or sex. “Sandwiches are love,” he says. “Especially when you make them. You can’t get a sandwich with love from the deli.”
5. The apple of Smith’s eye called this one “boring,” “unimaginative,” and “lazy.”
Though she did come out on top with a book deal.
6. ANYWAY. We can all put down our pitchforks (and normal forks) because the Sandwich Shenanigans have come to a close. Schlute finally proposed, 43 sandwiches short.
Don’t worry, Smith hadn’t abandoned the project, and was still slaving away on sandwich 257. This is probably her feeding it to him.
“I guess neither one of us could wait until #300,” the blogger wrote.