So, guys. March 14, or 3/14. You know what that means, right?
3/14 = 3.14… = π = Pi = PIE
And, as everyone knows, the correct way to observe Pi Day is to eat immense, untold quantities of pie and pie-related foods. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Make sure you dress appropriately.
Committing to the full-body look is optional, but please, make an effort.
2. Convince your friends or coworkers to have a pie-swap party.
The more pie the merrier. Aim for 314?
3. Spend as much time as possible snacking on PIE FRIES.
5. Or with tiny romantic pies in jars.
These are technically wedding favors, but the wedding could just be you marrying the pie. Instructions here.
6. You can make these adorable lemon pies with only a microwave.
Make lemon curd in the microwave (recipe here) and pipe into store-bought mini pie shells.
7. Make these cute pie boxes for individual slice-giving.
Get the printable template here.
8. For a pie experience with built-in portability, make these awesome Bourbon Pecan Pie Bars.
Get the recipe here.
9. Or apple pie cookies.
Get the recipe at Smitten Kitchen.
11. Put a really absurd amount of meringue on a pie (ANY pie).
And then BURY YOUR FACE in it. Recipe for this Pumpkin Meringue Pie here.
12. Do fancy-schmancy things with your pie crust patterns.
Instructions for these eight styles at Style Me Pretty.
13. Make a cinnamon roll pie crust.
Because you CAN. Instructions here.
14. Pack yourself a perfect Pi Day lunch.
Note that pickles, pistachios, and pineapple all coordinate with the PI theme! Details here.
15. Or get your pizza pie all dressed up.
16. Take a tea-time break with pie lattice cookies.
17. For the deconstructionist: Re-interpret your apple pie as neat little stacks.
The crispy layers are wontons baked with cinnamon sugar. Recipe here.
18. For dinner, consider the chicken pot pie.
This recipe from Bon Appétit comes together quickly.
19. Or give your arteries a workout with this mac ‘n’ cheese and bacon glory.
With cheddar crust, because of course. Recipe here.
20. If you haven’t yet in your lifetime, make sure to experience the joy that is Frito chili pie.
Just because it’s in a plastic bag doesn’t mean it’s not pie. Recipe here.
21. For dessert, try this easy no-bake peanut butter pie.
Yes please. Recipe here.
22. Or keep it classy with key lime.
March is a good time to get down with citrus. Recipe here.
23. Or go the traditional route and make a good old-fashioned apple pie.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›