1. All you have to do to make dinner is turn on the oven and put some stuff in it.
Recipe: Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower
More stuff like this: Easy One-Tray Oven Dinners
2. Two words: whiskey drinks.
Like a Honey Bourbon Toddy, say.
More stuff like this: 23 Delicious Ways To Drink Whiskey Tonight
3. Also, three words: apple cider donuts.
To me, you are perfect.
5. Eating cheesy pasta every day is a valid lifestyle choice.
More stuff like this this: 7 Pastas To Eat When It’s Cold Outside
6. Fall marks the triumphant return of root vegetables.
7. Using adorable squashes as bowls is not only permitted but encouraged.
8. If there’s no foliage near you, you can just watch the M&Ms change color.
9. And the crisps transition gently, sweetly, from peach to apple.
10. You can once again enjoy the sweet, scalding beauty of hot coffee.
You’re great too, iced coffee. But sometimes you can be a little bit…cold?
11. It’s finally cold enough to buy those sugary roasted nuts on the street in NYC.
And remember that they’re like .005% as good as they smell. And NEVER LEARN.
12. There is no joy equal to the joy that golden heaps of Halloween candy bring.
And when life hands you candy, make candy salad.
13. You can make everything in skillets. Even dessert. Just because you feel like it.
Recipe: Skillet Cranberry Buckle
14. You may now commence mulling all red wine.
15. There’s no reason not to add pumpkin to every single baked good.
Recipe: Pumpkin Gingerbread Squares
16. Your pretty Le Creuset gets to come out and play after spending the summer in a cupboard.
Recipe: Caramel Chicken
If you don’t have a fancy Dutch oven of your own yet, here’s the one we like best.
18. Football season means DIP. Dip as far as the eye can see!
Recipe: White Pizza Dip
19. The world collectively remembers that hot, melted chocolate qualifies as a beverage.
20. There will be autumnal cocktail parties, and at those parties there will be autumnal snacks.
More stuff like this: 101 Bite-Size Party Foods
21. There’s nothing more satisfying in life than biting into a fresh fall apple.
Honeycrisp, how do I love to eat thee? Let me count the ways.
22. Thyme, rosemary, and sage are back in action.
23. For the next six months, no one can judge you for eating pie for dinner.
24. Every hunk of meat tastes better when it’s braised.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›