1. All you have to do to make dinner is turn on the oven and put some stuff in it.
Recipe: Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower
More stuff like this: Easy One-Tray Oven Dinners
2. Two words: whiskey drinks.
Like a Honey Bourbon Toddy, say.
More stuff like this: 23 Delicious Ways To Drink Whiskey Tonight
3. Also, three words: apple cider donuts.
To me, you are perfect.
5. Eating cheesy pasta every day is a valid lifestyle choice.
More stuff like this this: 7 Pastas To Eat When It’s Cold Outside
6. Fall marks the triumphant return of root vegetables.
7. Using adorable squashes as bowls is not only permitted but encouraged.
8. If there’s no foliage near you, you can just watch the M&Ms change color.
9. And the crisps transition gently, sweetly, from peach to apple.
10. You can once again enjoy the sweet, scalding beauty of hot coffee.
You’re great too, iced coffee. But sometimes you can be a little bit…cold?
11. It’s finally cold enough to buy those sugary roasted nuts on the street in NYC.
And remember that they’re like .005% as good as they smell. And NEVER LEARN.
12. There is no joy equal to the joy that golden heaps of Halloween candy bring.
And when life hands you candy, make candy salad.
13. You can make everything in skillets. Even dessert. Just because you feel like it.
Recipe: Skillet Cranberry Buckle
14. You may now commence mulling all red wine.
15. There’s no reason not to add pumpkin to every single baked good.
Recipe: Pumpkin Gingerbread Squares
16. Your pretty Le Creuset gets to come out and play after spending the summer in a cupboard.
Recipe: Caramel Chicken
If you don’t have a fancy Dutch oven of your own yet, here’s the one we like best.
18. Football season means DIP. Dip as far as the eye can see!
Recipe: White Pizza Dip
19. The world collectively remembers that hot, melted chocolate qualifies as a beverage.
20. There will be autumnal cocktail parties, and at those parties there will be autumnal snacks.
More stuff like this: 101 Bite-Size Party Foods
21. There’s nothing more satisfying in life than biting into a fresh fall apple.
Honeycrisp, how do I love to eat thee? Let me count the ways.
22. Thyme, rosemary, and sage are back in action.
23. For the next six months, no one can judge you for eating pie for dinner.
24. Every hunk of meat tastes better when it’s braised.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?