1. Homemade Tater Tots
2. Homemade Magic Shell
Real witchery: Melted chocolate + coconut oil turns solid when it hits cold ice cream. Get the recipe.
3. Homemade Klondike Bars
The ultimate application of the aforementioned magic shell. Get the recipe.
4. Homemade English Muffins
Once you make your own crannies, you’ll never go back. Get the recipe.
5. Homemade Greek Yogurt
Or regular yogurt, if you prefer; just leave out the final step of straining. Get the recipe.
6. Homemade Sesame Sticks
Bad news for incurable snackers. Get the recipe.
7. Homemade Marshmallow Creme
Fluffernutter sandwich, here I come! Get the recipe.
8. Homemade Raisins
One of those things that you obviously don’t need to make yourself, but should probably try just because it’s so neat. Get the recipe.
9. Homemade Mustard
Nice and spicy and, more importantly, very easy. Get the recipe.
10. Homemade Cinnamon Toast Crunch
There’s nothing like eating what are essentially sugar-covered squares of pastry dough for breakfast. Get the recipe.
11. Homemade Bagels
Takes some doing, but imagine how proud your bubbe will be. Get the recipe.
12. Homemade Cream Cheese
Listen, I made this schmear with my own two hands and I’ll apply it at a depth of three inches if I so choose. Get the recipe.
13. Homemade Lox
Curing salmon with salt and herbs is easier than you think; it just takes a little patience. Get the recipe.
14. Homemade Fortune Cookies
Prophecy: You will eat at least six of these cookies in one sitting. Get the recipe.
15. Homemade Chocolate Almond Milk
Sort of like Yoo-Hoo for grownups (and vegans). Get the recipe.
16. Homemade Crushed Red Pepper
This is a great way to rescue fresh hot peppers that have shriveled up because you forget to use them. Get the recipe.
17. Homemade Cornflakes
You just need cornmeal and a few other basic ingredients to make this cereal. Get the recipe.
18. Homemade Sriracha
19. Homemade Peanut Butter Chips
For all your chunky cookie needs. Get the recipe.
20. Homemade Oyster Crackers
Who’s got the soup? Get the recipe.
21. Homemade Cultured Buttermilk
You can make all kinds of cultured dairy products at home; the same basic principle works for sour cream too. Get the instructions for both here.
22. Homemade Grape Nuts
For those who enjoy a good molar workout. Get the recipe.
23. Homemade Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Nothing tastes better than not paying $7 for a single pint feels. Get the recipe.
24. Homemade Sprinkles
Because these are made with simple icing, they taste like sugar and vanilla instead of wax and nothingness. Get the recipe.
25. Homemade Maraschino Cherries
There are a few ways to go about this; the recipe shown here uses Amaretto (almond-flavored) liqueur and includes instructions for sealing the jars in a hot-water bath. If you’re looking for something a little simpler, try this New York Times recipe using Maraschino liqueur.
26. Homemade Flavored Vodka
27. Homemade Hot Dog Buns
You’ll be the belle of the barbecue. Get the recipe.
One of the small miracles in life: All you have to do is whip cream wayyyy longer than you normally would (a Kitchenaid mixer helps with that) until the butterfat magically separates out. Get the full instructions here.
29. Digestive Biscuits
You could skip the chocolate coating, but…why? Get the recipe.
Also on BuzzFeed:
We've got your WKND covered.
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)