1. Panzanella with Cherry Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
If you don’t think bread can and should be an anchor salad component, you’ve got another thing coming. Get the recipe.
2. Charred Tomatoes with Fried Eggs on Garlic Toast
4. Classic Homemade Tomato Sauce
5. Pesto Guacamole BLT
If we’re being real, there shouldn’t even be such a thing as a non-avocado BLT; just go ahead and rename it the BALT. Get the recipe.
6. Oven-Dried Grape Tomatoes
You can roast the tomatoes more or less depending on whether you like them soft and saucy or more dry and sturdy. Either way, this is a great way to preserve extra tomatoes for future enjoyment. Get the recipe.
8. Tomato Pie
Slathering cheese and mayonnaise all over the top of this pie might make you nervous. That’s OK. Do it anyway. Get the recipe.
9. Roasted Tomato Soup
Roasting the tomatoes before souping them helps bring out their sweetness. Get the recipe.
11. Tomato Cobbler
Do I need to say anything more than “Gruyere biscuits”? Get the recipe.
12. Heirloom Tomato & Chorizo Salad
With chickpeas and goat cheese, if you feel inclined. Get the recipe.
13. Quinoa Risotto Baked Tomatoes
Makes an excellent vegetarian main course. Get the recipe.
14. Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
15. Crème Fraîche Galette with Heirloom Tomatoes
A galette is a pie that’s been set free from its pan and is ready to run straight into your mouth. Get the recipe.
17. Flank Steak with Bloody Mary Tomato Salad
The tomato salad (dressed with red onion, celery, horseradish, Worcestershire, and more exciting things) would be plenty compelling by itself. Get the recipe.
19. Tomato–Feta Open-Face Sandwich
You don’t really need a recipe to make a kick-ass sandwich with good tomatoes. Just slice, salt, and layer up. Get the recipe.
20. Tomato Corn Chowder
This soup was made with yellow tomatoes, but regular red are fine too. Get the recipe.
21. Ricotta Pizza with Fresh and Roasted Tomatoes
You can use any store-bought or homemade pizza dough here. Get the recipe.
22. Rice-Stuffed Tomatoes
Much more exciting in practice than they sound in theory. get the recipe.
23. Tomato, Peach, and Burrata Salad
Regular fresh mozzarella cheese works if you can’t get your hands on burrata. Get the recipe.
24. Smoky Roasted Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Chickpeas
25. Heirloom Tomato Jam
If a tomato chooses to identify as a fruit and be prepared as such, you have no business criticizing that choice. Get the recipe.
26. Raw Tomato & Green Bean Salad
When your tomatoes are really good and ripe, applying heat is always an optional step. Get the recipe.