1. Butternut Squash Posole
This stew has thrice the sass of your average, snoozy squash soup. Get the recipe.
2. Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Banana Bread
Butternut puree makes an excellent stowaway ingredient in lots of yummy baked things. Get the recipe.
3. Butternut Squash Skillet Lasagna
Most foods are happiest when squished between pasta and cheese. Squash is not an exception to this rule. Get the recipe.
4. Kale & Butternut Squash Salad with Chickpeas & Wheat Berries
There’s gold in them thar squash seeds! Instead of throwing them out, rinse the gunk off, toss with a little oil and salt, and toast them in the oven for about 15 minutes at 300 degrees. Then snack or sprinkle away. Get the recipe.
5. Butternut Squash Chips
You’re not going to fool anyone into thinking these are Lay’s, but you’re still going to eat all of them because they’re delicious. Get the recipe.
6. Butternut, Mushroom & Fontina Nachos with Crispy Sage
Swankiest nachos on the block. Get the recipe.
7. Butternut Squash Butternut Pancakes
Good morning! Get the recipe.
8. Butternut Squash & Kale Risotto
Squash and kale are BFF’s regardless of the surrounding medium, but creamy risotto is a particularly great one. Get the recipe.
9. Butternut Squash & Kale Quesadillas
Tortillas and cheese bring out the best in butternut. Get the recipe.
10. Black & Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Squash
Looks exotic, but it’s not hard to make. Get the recipe.
11. Squash & Sage Biscuits
This recipe is written for delicata squash, but whatever. They’ll taste just as good and be even prettier color if you use the same amount of butternut puree. Get the recipe.
12. Butternut Squash Breakfast Smoothie
Pumpkin’s fresher, more fun younger sister gets along great with dates and banana. Get the recipe.
13. Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash
Let’s all get in the skillet,
Let’s all get in the skillet,
Let’s all get in the skilllllllllet -
And turn into a pie!
14. Miso-Harissa Roasted Squash, Carrot & Two-Potato Salad
It takes a very special squash to get TWO potatoes on your team at once. Get the recipe.
15. Winter Squash Carbonara with Pancetta & Sage
Did you know that butternut squash turns into a beautiful, creamy golden pasta sauce when you puree it with chicken broth and other good things? Now you know. Get the recipe.
16. Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash Fajitas
An excellent choice for the steak-averse. Get the recipe.
17. Thai Butternut Squash Lettuce Wraps
A very nice way to pretend it’s summer in February. Get the recipe.
18. Roasted Butternut & Coconut Soup
Butternut squash may be the most frequently soupified gourd in history, but is that any reason not to get in the action yourself? Heck no! Get the recipe.
19. Butternut Squash Breakfast Bowl
Butternut makes a healthy, pretty base for all kinds of nuts, fruit, and other good stuff. Get the recipe.
20. Butternut Squash & Tomato Soup
Squash helps smooth out straight tomato’s acidic edges, and adds some creaminess and extra nutrition. Get the recipe.
21. Butternut Squash Orechiette with Chickpeas, Pine Nuts & Arugula
Creamy + crunchy + greeny + cheesy = a real good time. Get the recipe.
22. Spice Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot who? Get the recipe.
23. Butternut Squash & Pomegranate Salad with Tahini Dressing
Not your average sad spinach salad, no sir. Get the recipe.
24. Apple, Pecan & Bacon Butternut Squash Hash
A fun spin on the usual potato deal. Get the recipe.
25. Butternut Squash & Swiss Chard Polenta Lasagna
This is a genius invention whereby you replace boring noodles with slabs of creamy-crunchy polenta, and can be applied in many other situations too. Get the recipe.
26. Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash
Simple, super-cozy winter dinner. Get the recipe.
27. Roasted Butternut Squash with Pine Nuts & Parmesan
This makes a great side dish for basically anything. Get the recipe.
28. Butternut Squash & Potato Latkes
Don’t call it blasphemy until you try it. Get the recipe.
29. Butternut Squash Chipotle Chili with Avocado
Beef is overrated. Get the recipe.