1. Dilip Kumar…as a pickle
I know he’s a great actor and all, but do we really need to pickle him for it?
2. Cigarette smoking can lead to stupidly dropping food.
What anything in this ad has to do with cigarettes, we will never know.
3. The “big size family car” that’s smaller than this family of giants.
4. Nutramul turns wimpy kids into martial arts champions. So do steroids.
5. Conserving water was so scandalous.
Where was the censor board when this ad came out?
6. You must buy Surf because the angry aunty says so.
Also, why is angry aunty surrounded by vegetables but talking about detergent?
7. The Air India ad that could easily be self-defeating.
Translation: Our flights are way worse than the other airlines.
8. Angry Surf aunty again!
This time she’s telling you how much of a dimwit you are if you don’t buy Surf.
9. Children making meth?
Even the plant pot is shocked.
10. Vegetables as romantic props.
Photographer: You know what will look amazing? You posing with a cabbage.
Jaya: Yes! I won’t question that idea at all. #winningatlife
11. Shatrugan Sinha is annoyed that he’s finished the whiskey he’s supposed to be promoting.
12. Buy a pressure cooker so the woman can keep cooking.
…and she has “more time, more money for other useful work.” Prestige: keeping the woman busy at home.
13. The blandest ad ever for birth control.
“To insure blind love risk” - What does that even mean?
14. Biscuits were a very serious deal.
Gabbar Singh is not happy about these biscuits.
15. The heroic way to save the girl is by fighting in your underwear.
“The compact and precise designer brief with a real manly stretch.” Um, what?
18. Where exactly are you tingling?
That look could mean so many things.
19. Bollywood stars ready to be baked.
Why is there so much foil? Why is Govinda wearing the foil as a short dress? Who thought this was ever a good idea? So many questions!
20. The mother of Fair & Lovely.
FYI: Looking as white as the snow probably means you’re seriously ill and dying.
21. Must. Not. Drop. Sridevi.
Is Jitendra in pain/discomfort/fear/constipation? We can only guess.
23. A clean and refreshing soap advertised by a sweaty/messy Vinod Khanna.
Isn’t soap supposed to make him cleaner?
24. Glamour bathrooms are for solitude and depression?
Locking yourself in the bathroom when your “life is going to pieces” means you need help, not a fancy sink.
25. Pissing babies generally don’t make for appealing travel destinations.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›