1. Rocket, With Paper and Scissors
If you happen to have some cardboard or paper lying around, then you should get on this. And let’s be real — everyone has some random spare cardboard lying around somewhere.
2. Star Jars
These bad boys are so cute, you could pretend you’re in every romantic comedy ever. You can use these to keep those pesky bugs away.
3. Stars and Stripes Streamers
This is almost as fun as popping bubble wrap. Just buy a star hole-punch and GO TO TOWN on these guys. You could definitely keep a 5-year-old occupied for about 10 hours.
4. Sparklers That Don’t Burn Your Eyes Out
Listen, guys — sparklers are dangerous. Paper is safer.
5. Classic Bandana Bunting
Here’s another thing every single person has lying around in the house somewhere!
6. Make Your Razor Scooter Cool Again
Remember those awesome and trendy Razor scooters? Maybe they’ve been sitting in your garage since 1999, but you can breathe new life into them with this DIY.
7. Pack an Independence Punch
We all know day-drinking can be a bit of a production. Instead of hitting it hard, consider some of these refreshing mocktails to keep the whole family on the same level.
8. Ribbon Dessert Toppers
What better way is there to celebrate America than with tons and tons of sweets?
9. Let Freedom Ring
Ring Pops have been the go-to goodie-bag item since, like, the beginning of time. Every time you got your hands on one, everything in the world felt like it was going to be OK.
10. The Great American Toss-Off
Nothing like a little healthy competition, right? Set up this game, and let the fun begin! But also be careful, because things could get ugly.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.