1. Pick a Wedding Location That Breaks From the Norm
A wedding venue should be as unique as the couple. Make sure your wedding location is as quirky (and memorable) as you are by getting hitched at a geeky location. Or better yet, a geeky SCIENCE location.
2. Now It’s Time For the Nerdiest of Nerdy Engagement Photos For the Save the Date
Incorporate your mutual obsession with science fiction, comic books, and a certain bespectacled wizard. Check out these adorable engagement vignettes from real-life couples.
3. Or Create Your Save the Date With One of These Photo Apps
It’s time to get creative on your wedding save-the-date cards. With the popularity of smartphone photo apps, there are dozens of ways to share your “I do” plans in a style all your own, and save a few bucks while you’re at it!
4. … Then Add a Nerdy, Personalized Stamp
Use some smooching selfies to create custom postage stamps that you can use on all your wedding mail needs.
5. Make Your Invitations:
If you’re preparing to say “I do,” why not play up your geeky status with some playful wedding invitations? Believe it or not, there are plenty of invites available online that are perfect for dorky duos.
6. If You’re Struggling For a Theme, Try Superhero
Whether you’re hoping for simple, subtle touches or all-out mania, here are 20 festive ways to channel your favorite superheroes on the big day.
7. Or Maybe Comic-Book-Inspired?
This wedding was full of joy, tears, and comic-book-style zingers.
8. You Could Even Plan a “Doctor Who” Themed Event
The premise of Doctor Who, with its sweeping adventures across time and space with one other trusted companion by your side, is the stuff of romantic sci-fi legend. So why not make your wedding a sci-fi legend as well?
9. Skip the Hand Towels and Crockpots and Use an Alternative Registry Site
Put down the scan gun, and head online for everything you’ve ever wanted in a wedding registry. Perfect for the unconventional couple, these seven wedding registries extend beyond national retailers and allow for a more personalized experience.
10. Pick Out Some Lionhearted Accessories
Wedding planning is filled with decisions and obstacles; only the courageous and valiant survive. For those few, a heroic tie is necessary.
11. Now, It Just Wouldn’t Be a Proper Geeky Wedding Without a Nerdy Cake …
12. … Or Without a Trekkie Topper
If you and your future spouse are die-hard Trekkies, express your obsession with a custom Star Trek wedding cake topper.
13. Now It’s Party Time: Bachelorette Party Destinations For Those Who Don’t Want to Do the Sin City Routine
Check out these six cities to get inspired for a creative weekend where the bride and crew can let their geek flags fly.
14. Send ‘Em Home With an Unexpected Bridesmaid Gift
Being a bridesmaid is quite the commitment, so get creative when you give thanks by picking out unique gifts that your pals will love. No matter their nerd variety — literary, gaming, tech — here are a wide range of options to suit anyone.
15. Print Out Some Apt Photo Booth Props
If you’re looking for a way to bring R2-D2 or the Ninja Turtles to your wedding, then you’re in luck.
16. Use USB Drives as Wedding Favors
You can preupload them with photos of the big day and send them out as a sentimental gift.
17. Or Choose From a Vast Array of Other Treats
Use your favors as an opportunity to be creative and gift guests items that really represent something you love.