1. The Goonies II Only Happened In A Video Game
For years it’s been rumored a sequel was on the way. First with the original cast then with the original cast as the parents of a new group of kids. A lot has been said but for the most part, the only Goonies II we’ll ever see was a 1987 Nintendo game.
In the game, the Fratellis kidnap everyone except Mikey. You, as Mikey, need to save everyone.
2. Corey Haim Was Almost “Mouth”
Corey Haim and Corey Feldman met in the waiting room during the auditions for The Goonies. Both Coreys were auditioning for the same part.
3. Director Richard Donner Makes A Cameo
Richard Donner, slightly more famous for directing the original Superman movies, made a cameo as one of the Deputies to find the Goonies on the beach at the end of the movie (he’s the one on the right).
4. “Sloth” Was A Pro-Football Player
John Matuszak, who played Sloth, was an NFL defensive linesman playing for the Oakland Raiders until 1981. While The Goonies was his most famous roles, he popped up in a few other 80s movies including the John Cusack / Demi Moore classic One Crazy Summer.
5. The “Scariest Part” Was Cut From The Film
At the end of the movie, in describing the adventure to the police and press, Data mentions “The scariest part was the octopus!” If you had been watching the movie up to that part, you may have noticed there was no octopus.
The movie was already running long and it was decided to cut the scene. The scene has remained in relative obscurity until the DVD release featured it.
6. The Goonies Didn’t See The Ship Until The Scene Was Filmed
In an attempt to capture the authentic excitement of the kids seeing Willie’s ship for the first time, Director Richard Donner didn’t let the kids see the ship until the scene where they come across the boat was filmed.
In later interviews, Corey Feldman has said he actually did see it before they shot that scene along with someone else he won’t mention.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- The New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the U.S. presidential nominating season, is on Tuesday.