1. If you weren’t replaying it to “catch ‘em all,” you did simply because the naming possibilities are endless.
2. The music has been stuck in our heads for almost two decades.
3. We learned about the importance of sharing.
How else were you going to get those third-tier evolutions?
4. It teaches us that there are no shortcuts in life…
…unless you have Rare Candies.
5. Which starter you chose is basically the Myers-Briggs test of our generation.
6. We learned that you have to live with your choices.
Though there are many evolutionary stones, there’s only ONE Eevee.
Like, really. A lot of options.
7. If you set your mind on something, you can accomplish anything.
Even if it takes like, 25,000 tries or something.
8. It taught you Spanish.
(Even if you didn’t know it at the time.)
9. Magikarp and Gyarados is a modern-day retelling of the Ugly Duckling.
10. There is a Pokémon that is literally a garbage bag.
And we love him all the more for it.