1. Bill Hader only recently left the cast of Saturday Night Live after eight seasons. He’s already considered one of the show’s all-time greats.
Kevin Winter / Getty Images
2. He’s best known for bits like “Laser Cats,” or impersonating Clint Eastwood, and, of course, his recurring role as Weekend Update’s city correspondent Stefon.
3. But he didn’t do any of that when he first auditioned for the show.
4. In a recent New York Times article about SNL’s audition process, Hader mentioned a particularly fascinating bit from his live audition.
6. Points for originality!
7. Hader never did this bit on SNL, but as it turns out he did do it as a guest on Late Night with Conan O’Brien. You can find it just after the 5:49 mark in this video.
8. It is exactly as strange and wonderful as you’d hope it would be.
Director of Quizzes and Games
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".