16. Courtney Taylor-Taylor from The Dandy Warhols
The Dandy Warhols have some really good songs, but still, the most impressive thing about this dude is that he successfully pulled off a double Taylor in his surname. Truly remarkable.
15. Taylor Burns from The Wild Feathers
This dude gets docked a few points for having a bit of trouble figuring out how to sing into a microphone.
14. Taylor Hicks
Taylor Hicks won American Idol despite looking like a Republican senator, so that’s pretty cool.
13. Maria Taylor
Maria Taylor is a solo artist now, but used to be a member of both Azure Ray and Orenda Fink. She’s a mainstay of the Omaha, Nebraska music scene, and is a solid Taylor all-around.
12. Taylor Momsen
If eyeliner was an instrument, Taylor Momsen would be the Jimi Hendrix of eyeliner. But it’s not, so she’s just the Taylor Momsen of singing.
11. Taylor Dayne
Taylor Dayne sang “Love Will Lead You Back,” so show her some damn respect.
10. Chris Taylor from Grizzly Bear
Chris Taylor is an excellent singer and multi-instrumentalist in Grizzly Bear, and is a very prolific producer of other indie acts. Chris Taylor is the greatest Taylor in the history of indie rock.
9. Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip
Alexis Taylor is one of the core members of Hot Chip, and is a master of chill, introverted indie dance music. He’s an exceptionally groovy Taylor.
8. Roger Taylor from Queen
Roger Meddows Taylor wasn’t just the drummer in one of the greatest rock bands of all time – he was also one of the group’s songwriters, and wrote hits like “Radio Ga Ga” and “I’m In Love With My Car.” He was the fourth best member of Queen, but definitely the best Taylor in Queen.
7. James Taylor
James Taylor looks like a high school principal now, but back in his prime he was like the John Mayer of the ’70s.
6. Mick Taylor from The Rolling Stones
Keith Richards gets all the glory, but Mick Taylor played all the best guitar parts on all the best Rolling Stones albums. Deal with it.
5. Taylor Hanson from Hanson
If only Taylor Hanson’s hair could be plucked like a delicate, golden harp. That would be the most beautiful and glorious music in the world.
4. John Taylor, Roger Taylor, and Andy Taylor from Duran Duran (three-way tie)
It’s kinda bullshit that Duran Duran was called Duran Duran when there were three guys named Taylor in it, but only two guys named Duran.
3. Cecil Taylor
Cecil Taylor is one of the greatest jazz pianists of all time. He’s unquestionably the greatest Taylor in the history of jazz.
2. Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters
Taylor Hawkins womps harder on the drums than anyone alive, including his bandmate Dave Grohl, a dude famous for womping REALLY hard on the drums. He’s a cool dude too.
1. Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift isn’t just the best musician named Taylor. She is the best Taylor of all time. She may even be the best person of all time.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›