2. You might recognize the monologue framing device and general vibe from Lana Del Rey’s recent video for “Ride”…
…but never mind that.
3. Taylor Swift dyed her hair pink in order to look “badass” for this video…
4. …just like Alison Mosshart, the genuinely badass singer for The Kills and The Dead Weather.
5. Swift also wore a hat in the video…
6. …which is a big part of Mosshart’s style these days.
7. Seriously, she wears this hat all the time.
8. In fairness, Swift wears it well.
9. It’s not just that. Here’s Taylor Swift wearing some bluish flannel while looking sad.
11. It’s probably not a coincidence. Mosshart is a big style icon on Tumblr, and is really popular among stylists. She has exactly the kind of modern, tough rock-girl image that Swift is trying to emulate in this video.
12. Do you think Taylor Swift listens to The Kills?
She probably should, since they are very, very good.
- David Fry, the last of the Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers, has surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸