2. You might recognize the monologue framing device and general vibe from Lana Del Rey’s recent video for “Ride”…
…but never mind that.
3. Taylor Swift dyed her hair pink in order to look “badass” for this video…
4. …just like Alison Mosshart, the genuinely badass singer for The Kills and The Dead Weather.
5. Swift also wore a hat in the video…
6. …which is a big part of Mosshart’s style these days.
7. Seriously, she wears this hat all the time.
8. In fairness, Swift wears it well.
9. It’s not just that. Here’s Taylor Swift wearing some bluish flannel while looking sad.
10. Alison Mosshart wore this blue flannel shirt in a Vogue style diary.
…and she did it holding a cute dog. Taylor Swift forgot to cuddle with a cute dog.
11. It’s probably not a coincidence. Mosshart is a big style icon on Tumblr, and is really popular among stylists. She has exactly the kind of modern, tough rock-girl image that Swift is trying to emulate in this video.
12. Do you think Taylor Swift listens to The Kills?
She probably should, since they are very, very good.
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›