That was fuck-ing cra-zy! I was tweeting Michelle Shocked's set onstage (for her). All cool. 2nd set, she got up went full hate speech.
1. Folk singer Michelle Shocked stunned an audience in San Francisco last night by going off on a homophobic rant.
2. According to fans who attended her gig at Yoshi’s, she launched into a tirade against gays – ending with her telling people ”You can go on Twitter and say ‘Michelle Shocked says God hates fags’” - in her second set.
8. Since the news broke, fans have retaliated by vandalizing the singer’s Wikipedia page.
9. This behavior shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Shocked has said some very bigoted things about gays in the past.
In this interview from 2008, she addresses her past as a lesbian, and how she reconciles that with her beliefs as a born again Christian.
10. Here’s a choice bit from another interview from 2008.
This one is from the Dallas Observer.