1. TMZ reported on Friday evening that Lil Wayne was in critical condition following a seizure at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.
Lil Wayne was hospitalized on Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures, but was released on Wednesday. According to TMZ, he suffered another seizure shortly after being released and was rushed back to the hospital, where he has been ever since. TMZ reports that “doctors found high amounts of codeine in his system” and say that his stomach has been pumped three times.
2. According to TMZ the situation was very dire…
3. But his close friends were tweeting that everything is fine, and that he’s alive and well.
5. Update, 9:06 P.M. EST: TMZ has removed mention of Lil Wayne being given his last rites.
Cedars-Sinai declined to comment when BuzzFeed reached out.
7. Update 9:08 M.M.: Mack Maine, a rapper on Lil Wayne’s label Young Money, says he is fine and will release a statement shortly.
8. Update 9:10 P.M.: This CNN reporter has an official statement.
9. Update 9:30 P.M.: A tweet from Lil Wayne’s official account says that he’s “good.”
10. And TMZ has updated its story again.
11. UPDATE 9:52 P.M.: Lil Wayne’s publicist tells BuzzFeed, “Wayne is doing well now. He is recovering and appreciates everyone’s concern.”
12. UPDATE 10:05 P.M.: An anonymous source close to Lil Wayne has told the Associated Press that the rapper did suffer a seizure tonight.
According to the A.P., the source asked to be anonymous “because of the sensitivity of the matter.”
13. UPDATE 10:08 P.M.: L.A. Weekly is reporting that a member of Wayne’s entourage says he is sitting up and drinking water.
The source also says TMZ’s claim that he was in a coma was “lies.”
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›