1. Gucci Mane started off the morning with a big announcement.
July 2nd I’m officially changing my rap name to Guwop and retiring the great GucciMane Thanks Fans, for 8 years as Gucci now it’s Wop turn— Gucci Mane
2. But his fans immediately freaked out…
@gucci1017 please don’t do that ðŸ˜’— Britt âš“
i do not consent to this RT @gucci1017: July 2nd I’m officially changing my rap name to Guwop and retiring the great GucciMane Thanks Fans— lily go hard
@gucci1017 im not gonna call you Guwop dumbass. just so you know.— Princess Aflexis
@gucci1017 we won’t hear again dat “guccci ” we love so much— Aneho LomÃ© TogoÂ®
.@gucci1017 shut the fuck up son— Tupac Chopra
@gucci1017 I’ve been a fan since day one…. Don’t change ya name, bruh, i’ll be upset— King James II
In response to that retweet, are you serious Gucci? @gucci1017 don’t change your name dude, please.— Nathan Morris
10. A half hour later, he changed his mind.
I am officially NOT changing my name to Guwop it will officially stay Gucci Mane due to my Fans’ response.. Trap House 3 & Juug House July 2— Gucci Mane
11. Maybe it’s not such a bad thing when fans step in to veto potentially awful decisions?
- Radical UK preacher Anjem Choudary has been charged with encouraging support for ISIS, Scotland Yard said.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.