1. Gucci Mane started off the morning with a big announcement.
July 2nd I’m officially changing my rap name to Guwop and retiring the great GucciMane Thanks Fans, for 8 years as Gucci now it’s Wop turn— Gucci Mane
2. But his fans immediately freaked out…
@gucci1017 please don’t do that ðŸ˜’— Britt âš“
i do not consent to this RT @gucci1017: July 2nd I’m officially changing my rap name to Guwop and retiring the great GucciMane Thanks Fans— lily go hard
@gucci1017 im not gonna call you Guwop dumbass. just so you know.— Princess Aflexis
@gucci1017 u trippen cuh— Pablo E$cobar
@gucci1017 we won’t hear again dat “guccci ” we love so much— Aneho LomÃ© TogoÂ®
.@gucci1017 shut the fuck up son— Tupac Chopra
@gucci1017 I’ve been a fan since day one…. Don’t change ya name, bruh, i’ll be upset— King James II
In response to that retweet, are you serious Gucci? @gucci1017 don’t change your name dude, please.— Nathan Morris
10. A half hour later, he changed his mind.
I am officially NOT changing my name to Guwop it will officially stay Gucci Mane due to my Fans’ response.. Trap House 3 & Juug House July 2— Gucci Mane
11. Maybe it’s not such a bad thing when fans step in to veto potentially awful decisions?
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›