1. This is Grizzly Bear:
They are a band from Brooklyn who have attained a great level of commercial success despite being almost impossibly prim and effete. Their music is as melancholy as it is technically accomplished, and their albums are like the rock equivalent of reading The New Yorker in a cashmere sweater while sipping a latte and feeling a vague sense of ennui.
2. This is the cast of “Frasier”:
The long-running sitcom Frasier was unapologetically erudite and highbrow, but was nevertheless one of the most popular sitcoms of the ’90s.
Grizzly Bear has two lead singers, and Frasier had two male leads.
4. Frasier Crane = Daniel Rossen
This is one of Daniel’s songs, “A Simple Answer.”
6. Niles Crane = Ed Droste
This is one of Ed’s songs, “Yet Again.”
8. Grizzly Bear need to record a sad, gorgeously harmonized rendition of the “Frasier” theme song.
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Donald Trump has pledged to support the eventual Republican presidential nominee in 2016 and not mount a 3rd-party run. ›