1. Eminem is back with a new single called “Berzerk” that will be on the sequel to his classic Marshall Mathers LP, which will be out in November. He’s going back to his roots, so it would make sense for him to start calling out pop stars in rhymes, right?
Jeremy Deputat / AP
2. Like, say, Miley Cyrus. Who wouldn’t want to hear Eminem rip into her, especially after her VMAs performance?
The Associated Press / AP
3. People want a song like that to exist so much that a bogus verse written in Eminem’s distinctive style is spreading rapidly around Twitter.
4. The verse was actually penned by @SlimShadyRaps, a Twitter user who writes raps in Eminem’s voice.
5. Since Eminem has been known as Slim Shady for over a decade, a lot of people just assume it’s the real deal.
8. This doesn’t rule out the possibility that there could be an actual Miley diss on The Marshall Mathers LP 2.
9. And on the bright side, “Berzerk” is a total banger.
10. So, yeah.
In The News Today
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›