1. If you know Chumbawamba, it’s probably for their big hit “Tubthumping,” which has become a major jock jam that is constantly played at sports events.
4. Most people think of them as a one-hit-wonder now, but they’re actually an anarcho-punk collective who released over a dozen albums over the course of three decades.
5. They recently called it quits last year after 30 years together as a band.
6. But being diehard British left wing artists, they were inspired to create one last EP by the death of Margaret Thatcher. As you can see in their open letter about her passing, they utterly despise her.
7. So here it is, Chumbawamba’s In Memoriam Margaret Thatcher, in its entirety. It’s a very, very happy set of songs. They’re also very well made and produced, which suggests they’ve been planning this out for a while.
Here’s the track listing:
2. So Long, So Long
3. Pinochet Bids Farewell From Beyond The Grave
4. The Day The Lady Died
5. Ring The Bells!
6. Waiting For Margaret To Go
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›