1. Chester Bennington from Linkin Park made his debut as the singer of Stone Temple Pilots with an unannounced appearance at the KROQ Weenie Roast in Los Angeles yesterday.
2. Stone Temple Pilots fired original frontman Scott Weiland back in February with a terse, single line press release that offered no specific reason for sacking him.
3. Weiland has denied that he was fired from the band. He recently went on a solo tour in which he performed STP’s first two albums in full with completely different musicians.
4. Anyway, enter Chester Bennington. Here’s the last few songs from their set, featuring Chester’s renditions of the STP hits “Interstate Love Song,” “Dead & Bloated,” and “Trippin’ On A Hole In A Paper Heart.”
If you close your eyes, it’s not thaaat far off from Weiland.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.